Project Legacy and Exit Strategy: What happens after we leave?
In recent years, donors have become more critical of the assistance they provide and are especially sensitive to perpetuating a model of donor dependency. And, rightly so because effective development projects should result in lasting change that goes beyond the duration of projects themselves. However, many implementors today still struggle with their own project exit strategies because the barriers are often systemic and require unaccounted for resources, capacity, and motivation to continue implementing a legacy of change.
SCOPEinsight began eleven years ago with a vision and end-game in mind; Our mission is to transform agricultural sectors by increasing the market inclusiveness of professional farmer organizations and agribusinesses. This is why we built our solutions in a market-driven way and have advocated using data for accountability, transparency, and results.
After engaging with our solutions, communities benefit from a project after-life in the following five ways:
- From Building stronger agribusinesses which are better able to sustain local employment. They are also more capable to manage the organization and to support and mentor members.
- By providing a career pathway for rural entrepreneurs. When farming is approached as a business and the benchmarks and goals are well known to the farmers, this easily turns into a growth plan for individuals.
- By creating independent local assessors. Via our assessor training and certification, we leave behind a network of Independent Assessors trained in agricultural business evaluation.
- By strengthening the knowledge of skilled local entrepreneurs. Through the LEN (Local Expert Network), NGOs and Local Contractors, we build their knowledge about farmer professionalism and they are trained in conducting professional development projects. These LENS serve as a local knowledge base after the project ends.
- Through assessment reports and our database, we provide a digital (and paper) record. Hardcopy and digital profile reports are created for each organization that can be used to build a bankability & business portfolio with lenders, off-takers, and partners.
Are you interested in learning more about our approach? Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.Back to news